The North Carolina Public Records Law is designed to guarantee that the public has access to public records of governmental bodies in North Carolina. The public can inspect or receive a copy of any record unless the record is exempt.
Exempt: Confidential legal communications, criminal investigations, employee matters, and intelligence information.
You may request documents through the Town Clerk via email, U.S. mail, or in person at the municipal building.
Attn: Shoniqua Powell, Town Clerk
114 West Grubb Street | P.O. Box 32
Hertford, North Carolina 27944
P (252) 426-1153 | Fax (252) 426-7060
When making your request, please remember:
- Be as specific as possible about the documents you are requesting.
- Provide a start and end date for each search.
- All responses will be electronic unless other arrangements are made.
- The Town of Hertford may charge a reasonable fee in some cases.
- Allow up to ten (10) business days for your request to be fulfilled.
You can download the Public Records Request form here.