Gov Cooper Exec Order 121
STAY AT HOME
Effective March 30-April 29, 2020
To the citizens of Hertford
On March 27, 2020, Governor Copper issued a statewide Stay at Home Order beginning Monday, March 30, 2020 at 5 p.m. until April 29, 2020, directing people to stay at home except to visit essential businesses, to exercise outdoors or to help a family member. The order bans gatherings of more than 10 people and directs everyone to physically stay at least six feet apart from others. This Stay at Home Order will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and prevent the medical system from being overwhelmed by keeping individuals from being exposed to the virus and keeping those who have the virus from spreading it to others.
This is a trying time for us all having to adjust our way of life. This is a Battle, but together WE CAN win with it the lease amount of causalities.
Before I go further I would like to say Thank you to our 1st Responders, teachers, parents and students, our business owners and all store staff, our Hertford Police Department, Mr. Johnathan Nixon and his staff at the PQ County Emergency Services for keeping us coordinated and informed with the most current information and to our volunteers who have helped us in every way they can. Thank you for all that you do to keep us safe.
Now, I would like to give you the short version of Gov Cooper’s ten page STAY AT HOME ORDER, some specifics:
Curfew is not imposed at this time!
However, Hertford citizens are ordered by the Governor to adhere to the following:
STAY AT HOME: To the extent you are using shared or outdoor spaces you must at all times and as reasonably possible, maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from any other person, with the exception of family or household members. You may leave your homes for Essential Activities, such as:
- For Travel into, within, or out of state to maintain COVID-19 essential business
- For Health and Safety purposes, e.g., tasks essential to you, your family, your pet’s health, seeking emergency services, obtaining medical supplies, medication or visiting a health care professional or veterinarian.
- For Supplies and services, e.g., groceries and food, household products, supplies need to work from home, automobile supplies and products needed to maintain the safety, sanitation and essential operation of your residence or place of work.
- For Outdoor activity you must comply with the Social distancing (no closer than 6 ft) and Mass gatherings (no more than 10 people in a single room or space at the same time and while still practicing Social distancing.) You may, however, engage in outdoor activities such as biking, walking, hiking, running, or golfing. You may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas, but public playground equipment will be closed.
- Other travel allowed includes:
- Place of worship
- To receive goods and services
- Child custody or visitation arrangements
- To volunteer with organizations that provide charitable and social services.
Essential Businesses and Operations are defined as those business essential to the response to COVID-19, to the infrastructure of the State and nation and essential to the day-to-day life of NC citizens. They include businesses, not-for-profit organizations and educational institutions that meet Social Distancing requirements. These Essential Businesses and Operations include:
- Stores that sell groceries and medicine while maintaining 6 feet btw and among employees and btw and among employees and the customers except at the point of sale or purchase.
Organizations that provide charitable and social services
Media services, e.g., newspapers, TV, radio, film and other medial services
Gas stations, auto supply, auto-repair, roadside assistance and towing services, boat repair, bicycle shops
- Banks, insurance companies
- Home improvement, businesses that sell building materials and supplies, electrical, plumbing and heating materials
- Critical trades, e.g., cleaning services, landscaping, security staff
- Laundry services
- Home-based care and services for adults, senior, children and or people with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, including the care givers and meal delivery
- Residential facilities and shelters
- Hotels and motels
- Funeral services are permitted to include no more than fifty (50) persons, while observing Social Distancing requirement to the extent practicable
- Beer, wine, liquor stores. The new Hertford ABC hours are: Monday-Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm daily. They will also be installing a barrier between the cashier and the customer to protect the employees from the customers at the register area.
- Convenience stores, retail located within healthcare facilities, pet and feed stores
Social Distancing Requirements:
- Maintaining at least six (6) feet distancing from other individuals;
- Washing hands using soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds as frequently as possible or the use of hand sanitizer;
- Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces;
- Facilitating online or remote shopping if possible.
Mass Gathering Requirements: no more than ten (10) persons in a single room or space at the same time and must still be able to practice Social Distancing.
The town of Hertford has not been prohibited from imposing greater restrictions. Hertford has not deemed it necessary to do so at this time.
Violations of Executive Order 121 may be subject to prosecution and punishable as a Class 2 misdemeanor, in accordance with NC Gen Stat. §14-288.20A.
The full Executive Order can be found at https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina/executive-orders
The following businesses are hiring:
Dollar General 50,000
CVS is also providing free prescription drug home delivery.
Mar 21 The TOH governing board served 495 meals to our community, approx.
Mar 28 TOH served 475, of which 41 meals were delivered to our shut-in seniors
Note that some of our young people are not practicing Social Distancing as diligently as they could, therefore young people are also dying. Please take this very seriously. The virus does not age discriminate!
Please visit the following websites for up-to-date COVID-19 information:
NC Dept of Health and Human Services
Center of Disease Control
Albemarle Regional Health Service
PQ Emergency Services
Stay Positive, Stay SAFE and Please Stay HOME!!!